BERMUDA CHURCH PLANT PROJECT
Opening the Island of Bermuda to the Foursquare Gospel
Pastors David and Tracy Salawu have been independent missionaries in Nigeria and England for 20 years. After a recent move to Bermuda to care for Tracy’s mother, they felt God calling them to plant a Foursquare Church.
While Bermuda is actually located in the Atlantic, off the coast of North Carolina, they have been placed in the FMI Caribbean Region under the leadership of FMI Area Missionary Dave Stone, and have begun attending the Regional Council meetings and other regional events in order to get to know the other Foursquare leaders in the region.
- The vision is to plant a church in an area populated by lower income families, and to reach out to them by ministering to their felt needs.
- One of the primary areas of ministry will be through the ‘RockSolid Children’s Club,’ providing after school mentoring and homework assistance, as well as other activities.
- Once this church is established, it is the goal to reach out to other parts of the island.
- In order to help finance the work, the Salawu’s are opening a modern car wash, which will be the first of its kind on the island.
- Pray for the ‘RockSolid Children’s Club’ reaching out to underprivileged youth ages 8-12 with after school homework support, activities, and snacks.
- Believe for a strong church to be established. Teams, mentors, and prayer warriors are welcome.