Fast Facts About Kazakhstan in Central Asia
The main goal of establishing this training center in Kazakhstan is to reach Central Asians throughout the region with the gospel. Currently, there are no officially registered seminaries, Bible colleges or Christian universities in Kazakhstan.
- Less then 0.2% of all Kazakhs claim to be “born again;” that’s less than 30,000 people.
- The Foursquare Church in Kazakhstan gathers in 5 churches and over 30 meeting places throughout the nation.
- Kazakhstan population 17,670,957
- Central Asia regional population 68,000,000
Places of worship by religious confession
- Islamic (Masques and Madrases) 2499
- Russian Orthodox (Monastery and Churches) 329
- Pentecostal 216
- Baptist 177
- Presbyterian 107
- Catholic 84
- Jehovah Witness 60
- Adventist 42
- New Apostolic 26
- Lutheran 13
- Methodist 13
Prayer Points for Central Asia
- Nearby Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan are covered with the gospel but Christians in these nations often face persecution for their faith. Pray for the safety of believers and workers who serve in these nations.
- Less than 10% of the total population of Central Asia claim to be born again Christians. Pray for boldness and wisdom as many of these believers begin to take the gospel to unreached and under reached people groups in the region.
- Western Kazakhstan represents the least reached portion of the nation and this training center can help prepare people to go there. Pray for the effectiveness of our training so that we may reach out to the 90% of our friends and neighbors who do not know Christ.