Fast Facts About North Africa
- Nations: Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia
- 362 million people
- 99.5% are unreached with the gospel.
- Arabic is the most common language.
- The Sahara Desert separates North Africa from the rest of the continent.
- Ancestors of today’s North Africans believed in Christ but today believers can’t say His name for fear of persecution.
- FMI is on the ground, partnering with local people and workers from Europe, Latin America, and the U.S.
- To reach the people of North Africa, it will take innovation, boldness, multi-national cohorts willing to live among neighbors of differing faiths in a nation far from home.
- It will take fervent prayer, dedicated awareness, and selfless giving to the Global Missions Fund.
Return to North Africa homepage