Intern Field Opportunities
This category includes missionaries that desire a one-year learning experience on the field or those that desire a role as an intern before applying for a role as a FMI missionary or mission team specialist. A missionary intern meets the following criteria:
- He or she has been a member of a Foursquare church for at least one year, or is aFoursquare licensed minister.
- He or she has made a commitment of a minimum of three months (renewable).
- He or she is sent out by a local Foursquare church in partnership with FMI as described in the agreement with the facilitating church
** – high need on the field
S – single
C – couple
LOCATION: Assignment summary; Minimum length of service; Approximate monthly cost
To apply, fill out the application form.
Tirana – Couple to manage a restaurant outreach; 12 months; $1,000-$1,500
- Writer to write intelligible stories from broken English stories; 12 months; $800
- **Administrative assistant needed to manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, e-mail messages and telephone calls, make travel and meeting arrangements and prepare reports and letters. Strong communication and computer skills required. Applicant must have flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and thrive in a cross-cultural environment; 9 months minimum; applicant must be at least 20 years old; $800 – S, $1,200 – C
- Serve as part of the university outreach team (prayer, bible studies, outreach, cell groups, etc) Some Spanish would be helpful, but learning Spanish can be part of the training., 1 year $500 a month if living at the center; $1,000 in apartment.
(Spanish required or attend language school)
- English Bible study; 12 months; $1,500 – S $2,500 – C
- Children’s ministry specialist to train regional children’s workers; 12 months; $1,500 – S $2,500 – C
- Children’s teacher/English teacher to work with Cabecar Indians; 12 months; $1,500 – S $2,500 – C
- Ministry team members: youth, children, evangelism; 12 months; $1,500 – S $2,500 – C
- **Administrative Assistants to serve missionaries; 12 months; $1,500 – S $2,500 – C
- Administrative support work (French required); 12 months; Contact FMI for details
- Musician / leader for worship group; 12 months; Contact FMI for details
- Theatre and Arts teacher; 12 months; Contact FMI for details
- Nice – ministry team members (French required); 12 months; Contact FMI for details
- Assist the missionary in varying areas of ministry. Could involve chidden/youth ministry, administrative duties, team coordination, and outreach among other things.1 year; $1,500 minimum.
- Youth workers; 12 months; $2,000
- Tokyo, Osaka – youth workers; 12 months; $3,000
- Monterrey – church plant team member (Spanish required); 12 months; $800
- Monterrey – creative Arts & children’s teacher; 12 months; $800
- Mexico City – administrative assistant; 12 months; $800
- Mexico City – worship leader trainer; 12 months; $800
- Teacher helpers/teachers for a private school run by the headquarters church; 12 months; $600
- Serve as a team member at the cross-cultural school of ministry (teaching, outreach, etc), for three months – one year. $2,500. Contact FMI/Area Missionary for details.
UNITED STATES of AMERICA
- Spend one month to one year as an intern in one of the most diverse cities in the nation, Hamtramck, Michigan. You will receive one-on-one mentoring and training in cross-cultural outreach among people from South Asia, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and inner-city residents. Ministry opportunities will include assisting in ESL classes, youth work, work with at-risk girls, community gardens, neighborhood outreaches, home visits, working with recent immigrants and refugees and much more.Cost: $350 per month for housing, utilities and program fees. Food is on your own. For more information, visit our website, or call or email Sharon Buttry at 313.570.9201, email@example.com.